All children in Harris County Texas between the ages of 6 to 14 are eligible to enter the Children’s Photo Contest this summer, with the permission of their parent or guardian. Rules for the contest are as follows:
1. Entrance in the contest implies that you agree to the rules of the contest and have parental consent to enter the contest.
3. Photos are to be taken only by the contestant, must only be taken in the
4. One photo of each species of "Things that Fly" in the garden (butterflies, bees, birds, ladybugs, dragonflies, etc.) may be submitted by a contestant. There can be several entries of butterflies, for example, so long as each is a different kind.
5. Email your photos as a jpg attachment, along with your name, age and contact information to ABCS.Park@att.net
6. The deadline for submitting entries is midnight on August 31, 2016.
Scoring: Judges will award one point per photo of each different species submitted, one additional point will be awarded for the correct identification of the species submitted, and one point may be deducted for duplicates of the same species submitted by one individual.
The decision of judges will be final. Prizes will be awarded in September to contestants by age groups:
Businesses and individuals wishing to support this contest may send a donation before July 15th to:
Norchester Garden Club Treasurer
14606 Quail Creek Court
Houston, TX 77070
Please make checks payable to