Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Summer Greetings

This weekend the troops and I went to 3 farmers markets.  One had some impressive garden fields, plowed right and nice and green. Reminded me of my grandpa Peter's vegetable garden in Omaha, NB. His was mostly an asparagus farm, asparagus as big as your middle finger just delicious. He took his vegetables to a very famous farmers market in Omaha.  As a kid I use to have to pick up the bundles and take them to the end of the row. 

Have you seen the asparagus in our Houston stores! Skinny as a stick, flavorless and half is hard as a rock. 

Anyway, I digress to share with you what I found at the HEB at the Vintage.  
 Wonderful red watermelon from Dilorio Farms in Hempstead. Yes as good as it looks.
Cherries large, plump and not expensive.  Not like the early season ones.


Send me an email if you have found any good vegetable finds and I will post.


No comments: